Tuesday, June 25, 2013
1. Amrita Singh Park Avenue Shoulder Bag.
I have this bag in black and decided to get the fun neon green shade for Summer. The color is striking. I got this on sale on HauteLook (like I seem to have gotten everything over the past couple of years). The construction of the bag is very good (especially for the price). I get lots of compliments and people think that it's genuine leather. The minor problem I have with the bag is the interior lining is a cheap nylon material. I prefer a cloth or leather lining but you get what you pay for. The major problem I have with the bag is it picks up the ink/dye transfer from everything and anything it comes in contact with- cotton, dirt, dust, invisible particles, etc. I've only worn this a few times but the back of it and the straps look like it's 15 years old! :( I'm trying to find a product I can spray on the bag to prevent this from happening (or find something that will wipe the grime off). Any suggestions would be much appreciated! This is a beautiful purse and I want to be able to wear it without looking like I took it on a field trip to the Steel Mill in 1963 and never changed bags again.
2. Clarins Tonic Body Treatment Oil.
Summer has that tendency of delivering hot weather. This miserable fact requires less clothing which in turns requires baring more skin. Enter this lovely product. After I shower and my skin is still damp, I apply this alone or mixed with my moisturizer to my entire body. Not only does it have aromatherapy benefits (also works well for the bath) but it leaves skin soft and toned.
3. Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow in Zodiac.
The name of this shadow definitely sold me but the color is stunning. If you have hazel or dark green eyes like me, this is the perfect shade for you! I like to use it over Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue to prevent fallout. What's nice about this product is you can softly apply it over a lighter shadow for added dimension (looks brilliant over MAC Retrospeck) or build it up on its own for a deeper, more sultry look.
Not so noteworthy, huh? Wrong! I had my first drink from Starbucks EVER this month! I might have been the last 27-year-old girl in Pittsburgh to try something from the famous chain. Sure, I've been to the coffee giant before with friends but never ordered anything. I don't drink coffee. But I do like a refreshing beverage and if you tell me it'll give me added natural energy, I'll give it a shot. I definitely recommend the Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher. At only 70 calories, it's a guilt-free pick-me-up.
5. DV by Dolce Vita Archer Sandal.
I snagged a few of these on sale and I'm pretty happy with them. They're quite stylish for the price tag. They look much more expensive than they were and go with everything.
6. Kate Spade Earrings.
Also on sale, I hoarded quite a few pairs of these gems. I've received lots of compliments from admirers who thought they were precious stones. Beautiful pieces for a steal!
Now Playing: Coast to Coast AM
*They're talking Kecksburg and UFOs!
- ► 2016 (33)
- ► 2015 (29)
- ► 2014 (83)
- Pinterest Monthly: June 2013
- 100 Questions That No One Asks
- Go Deep: Jack White & Conan O'Brien
- Recently Purchased
- Music Monday: The Boxer Rebellion
- Sun in Cancer, June 21-July 22
- 25 Random Things... I Love About Summer
- Luxe Living: Outside... Your Comfort Zone
- Want, Need, Wear, Read
- Music Monday: Sara Jackson-Holman
- 25 Random Things... That Inspire Me
- Music Monday: Portugal. The Man
- Quoteworthy: Joan Rivers
- Music Monday: Eric Burdon
- June 2013 Playlist
- ▼ June (17)
- ► 2012 (255)
- Krista Roman
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
- I'm living life in beautiful Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I hold a journalism degree from West Virginia University. I have worked in television news, fashion marketing, PR, and cosmetic sales. My love for writing and sharing with the world my various passions is strong. One of my many ambitions is to be published and continue creating in the fields of digital and print media, literature and film. In my free time, I enjoy listening to music, going to concerts, reading, following Pittsburgh sports and traveling as often as possible. Some of my favorite things include beauty, style, architecture, books, tarot and astrology, thrifting and my shih-tzu, Ireland. If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you!