Thursday, November 20, 2014
"You can always tell gifted and highly intelligent people as they always turn to the past. Any young person who knows anything that happened before 1980, or 1990, or 2000 for that matter, is immediately someone who is intelligent, probably creative, maybe a writer. Nobody who is drawn to the past and learning about the past is not gifted."
-Mike Nichols 1931-2014
Now Playing: "All The Days" by HAERTS
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
1. Hair Dryer. I have a ton of hair. I'm definitely in need of a quality blower that will get the job done faster and more efficiently.
2. Prada Candy. I'm fortunate to get 50% percent off at the end of the month so I'm going to stock up on a few fragrance sets and roller balls.
3. Guerlain Meteorite Pearls, Limited Edition Holiday 2014. I'll probably pass on these because it's red not pink. The beads complement someone with darker skin. But a beautiful beauty item none the less.
4. Gucci Cosmetics. I was ecstatic when I found out Gucci was launching its own makeup line. I purchased a number of things as an early Christmas present to myself. I plan to do a review post sometime in the next few weeks.
5. Gallery Leather Planner. I've had this planner every year for the past few and it's a favorite. Worth the splurge. I'm old school and still prefer to write everything down.
6. Guerlain Primer. I've had my eye on this for the past couple years but can't justify the price tag. I'd like to eventually add it into my collection but it would make a nice Chistmas gift for the lady who loves a bit of glamour.
7. Shiseido Future Solution Set. My favorite skincare products! Nothing beats Shiseido. My gift to myself for the year. I'll try and do an in-depth blog post on my skincare routine sometime during the holiday season.
8. Amazon.com Gift Cards. To know me is to know my love for books and getting things in the mail. Can't beat the prices on Amazon. Check out my Pinterest Bookshelf Board to see the ever expansive list of what I've been reading or plan to get my hands on next. I really need to do some more Get Lit blog features and reviews.
9. Vinyl. Thrifted, used, new, old... always appreciative of adding new music into my collection. Pittsburgh is a gold mine for vinyl- especially oldies.
10. Louis Vuitton Wallet. I really wanted the Josephine wallet in green but it sold out when I was in Paris this spring. I may be interested in the yellow one but might wait it out. I also think the 'multicolore' business card holder is adorable.
11. Satellite Radio. This one I'll probably hold off as a birthday present (Feb. 1) since I most likely won't be driving my regular car this winter because of the weather. Pittsburgh has the worst radio stations in the country. I'm confident of that. I'm not tech savvy enough to mess around with anything beyond CDs. I'm not going to invest in any more than I already have. It's time for radio. Good radio.
12. Not Pictured: Viper Tool Chest. And the item that is at the very top of my actual Christmas list is not pictured above (note to self: learn to use a new platform other than Polyvore).
This beauty would lend itself perfectly to storing my makeup collection. It's pretty massive. If the majority of my stash doesn't fit, I'm seriously going to make some drastic cuts. I get excited just thinking about organizing everything. And yes, I am clinically insane. Fa la la la la la la la la!
Now Playing: "Count On Me" by Jefferson Starship
Monday, November 17, 2014
MOTHXR is a band from Brooklyn. Their music can be purchased here.
Monday, November 10, 2014
"Colour My Heart"
Charlotte OC (the OC is short for surname O'Connor) is a singer-songwriter from Blackburn, UK. Her music can be purchased here.
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
It's been quite a while since I crafted a Recently Purchased post. I had to really pause and examine the things I've hunted and gathered over the past few months: booze, music, movies. And that's honestly about it. There wasn't much inspiration to share. I'm actually proud of myself for not
- BUSINESS CARDS: I've studied Tarot for many years and have decided to finally make a go at doing it semi-professionally as a bit of a side gig. I'm in no way, shape or form ready to charge people for my services but ordering business cards is pushing me towards that goal. I've always heard that I would make an excellent psychologist/counselor. I feel that this form of intuitive introspection will really allow me to help people.
- FAUX FUR VEST: I was a deer for Halloween. I figured I might as well incorporate a new piece of permanent wardrobe into my costume to justify the purchase. I've wanted an oversized faux fur vest for the past few seasons. I found a nice one that complements my hair very well and it was on sale.
- CHANEL HOLIDAY HIGHLIGHTER: I told myself I wasn't going to buy anything from the collection this year but this really illuminates the skin beautifully. I have quite a few Chanel highlighters in my stash; as expensive as they are, I must say it's not a terrible investment. They last forever. Who doesn't like a little glam in their beauty regimen?
- OPI GOING MY WAY OR NORWAY?: My nail polish collection is embarrassing. I have more bottles than a salon but I just couldn't pass up the OPI fall collection. I'm wearing this one right now. Beautiful neutral. I'm going to attempt a strict polish policy in 2015. No more than 15 bottles allowed and for every bottle purchased, I have to get rid of one I already own. That might sound extremely easy to a sane person but I'm an addict.
- NOT THAT KIND OF GIRL BY LENA DUNHAM: I've been a fan since seeing her movie Tiny Furniture a number of years ago. Brilliant young woman. Proud that my generation has her voice. She inspires me tremendously. Hilarious book. Highly recommend.
Now Playing: "Do You..." by Miguel
*Love this song! Love his music!
- ▼ November (8)
- ► 2013 (232)
- ► 2012 (255)
- Krista Roman
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
- I'm 28 and living life in beautiful Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I hold a journalism degree from West Virginia University (Let's Gooo Mountaineers!). In my free time, I enjoy going to concerts, reading, cheering on my favorite sports teams (Go Steelers & Pens!), shopping and having drinks with friends. I have a shih-tzu, Ireland, whom I love dearly. My ambition is to become a successful author and contribute my writing to various magazines and other digital media outlets. If you have any questions or comments, I'd love to hear from you!