Monday, November 24, 2014
1. Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves. As classic as a piece like this may be, it's really having a trendy moment. Perfect way to stay warm while still looking chic. I've always had an affinity for plaid. It reminds me of my grade school uniforms. It also has a Celtic feel to it; which of course, as an Irish girl, I can appreciate.
2. Green & Grey Nail Polish. Feeling these two hues for the season. A couple options: OPI Gwen Stefani Holiday, Christmas Gone Plaid. Chanel Frenzy.
3. Booties. My favorite style of shoe is definitely a must-have for Fall! I'm not into wearing true heels very often. Booties are the best of both worlds. A little extra height without any discomfort? Yes, please. Loving my new blue suede shoes. Matt Bernson Coup D'etat Leather Ankle Boots.
4. Brixton Messer Style Hats. Blacks, Browns, Mulberrys... I'll take two in every color and style. I'm truly a hat type of lady. Love that these are having a major style comeback.
5. Capes. For the past few years, I've been living in these throws during the colder months. When Burberry introduced their now iconic color block monogram blanket poncho, seemingly worn by every fashionista in the world, this type of piece really gained street style cred. This would be an incredible personalized DIY look.
6. Bobbi Brown Holiday Shimmer Brick, Copper Diamond. The tortoise shell packaging alone was enough to sell me on this beauty. I love the shimmer bricks as a highlighter but they can also be used as eyeshadow. Get this limited edition shade while it's still available. They last forever. Incredibly gorgeous especially for the holidays or to add a touch of warmth when the sun is no longer shining.
7. A new lipstick- Browns, Berrys, & Burgundys, oh my! I've really been into these types of shades for the season. My new favorite lines to fall in love with are Charlotte Tilbury and Gucci; however, shades like this can be found in just about any line. Other brands to consider: Revlon, MAC.
8. Candles. As soon as the temps drop, I go candle crazy. I don't like to spend a lot on something so disposable but it's nice to indulge in a little bit of luxury every now and again. Any brand. Any scent (or lack thereof) will do! Candles add such magic to any atmosphere. Love.
Now Playing: "3 Days" by Rhye
"Memories of the Future"
"Hearts of Iron"
"What About Us"
Handsome Furs were a duo based in Montreal. Of course, you can still purchase their music here.
Thursday, November 20, 2014
"You can always tell gifted and highly intelligent people as they always turn to the past. Any young person who knows anything that happened before 1980, or 1990, or 2000 for that matter, is immediately someone who is intelligent, probably creative, maybe a writer. Nobody who is drawn to the past and learning about the past is not gifted."
-Mike Nichols 1931-2014
Now Playing: "All The Days" by HAERTS
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
1. Hair Dryer. I have a ton of hair. I'm definitely in need of a quality blower that will get the job done faster and more efficiently.
2. Prada Candy. I'm fortunate to get 50% percent off at the end of the month so I'm going to stock up on a few fragrance sets and roller balls.
3. Guerlain Meteorite Pearls, Limited Edition Holiday 2014. I'll probably pass on these because it's red not pink. The beads complement someone with darker skin. But a beautiful beauty item none the less.
4. Gucci Cosmetics. I was ecstatic when I found out Gucci was launching its own makeup line. I purchased a number of things as an early Christmas present to myself. I plan to do a review post sometime in the next few weeks.
5. Gallery Leather Planner. I've had this planner every year for the past few and it's a favorite. Worth the splurge. I'm old school and still prefer to write everything down.
6. Guerlain Primer. I've had my eye on this for the past couple years but can't justify the price tag. I'd like to eventually add it into my collection but it would make a nice Chistmas gift for the lady who loves a bit of glamour.
7. Shiseido Future Solution Set. My favorite skincare products! Nothing beats Shiseido. My gift to myself for the year. I'll try and do an in-depth blog post on my skincare routine sometime during the holiday season.
8. Amazon.com Gift Cards. To know me is to know my love for books and getting things in the mail. Can't beat the prices on Amazon. Check out my Pinterest Bookshelf Board to see the ever expansive list of what I've been reading or plan to get my hands on next. I really need to do some more Get Lit blog features and reviews.
9. Vinyl. Thrifted, used, new, old... always appreciative of adding new music into my collection. Pittsburgh is a gold mine for vinyl- especially oldies.
10. Louis Vuitton Wallet. I really wanted the Josephine wallet in green but it sold out when I was in Paris this spring. I may be interested in the yellow one but might wait it out. I also think the 'multicolore' business card holder is adorable.
11. Satellite Radio. This one I'll probably hold off as a birthday present (Feb. 1) since I most likely won't be driving my regular car this winter because of the weather. Pittsburgh has the worst radio stations in the country. I'm confident of that. I'm not tech savvy enough to mess around with anything beyond CDs. I'm not going to invest in any more than I already have. It's time for radio. Good radio.
12. Not Pictured: Viper Tool Chest. And the item that is at the very top of my actual Christmas list is not pictured above (note to self: learn to use a new platform other than Polyvore).
This beauty would lend itself perfectly to storing my makeup collection. It's pretty massive. If the majority of my stash doesn't fit, I'm seriously going to make some drastic cuts. I get excited just thinking about organizing everything. And yes, I am clinically insane. Fa la la la la la la la la!
Now Playing: "Count On Me" by Jefferson Starship
Monday, November 17, 2014
MOTHXR is a band from Brooklyn. Their music can be purchased here.
- ▼ November (10)
- ► 2013 (232)
- ► 2012 (255)
- Krista Roman
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
- I'm 28 and living life in beautiful Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I hold a journalism degree from West Virginia University (Let's Gooo Mountaineers!). In my free time, I enjoy going to concerts, reading, cheering on my favorite sports teams (Go Steelers & Pens!), shopping and having drinks with friends. I have a shih-tzu, Ireland, whom I love dearly. My ambition is to become a successful author and contribute my writing to various magazines and other digital media outlets. If you have any questions or comments, I'd love to hear from you!