Friday, October 24, 2014
Here in Pittsburgh, we've been experiencing a bit of an Autumnal heat wave; certainly not anything tropical but it has been quite lovely. Temperatures in the 60s and 70s with plenty of sunshine. The leaves have changed and begun to fall. I'm thrilled to be able to drive with the top down for a few extra rides. The atmosphere is perfect. My favorite time of year.
Now Playing: "Autumn Sweater" by Yo La Tengo
*The ultimate fall song and the one that started it all for me...
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
"I always say this: live, love, and laugh. A huge mistake we make is forgetting that one day we will die. We think that we are going to live forever. I always say life is like a little garden. There is a time to plant, then a time you have to weed. Just think about people you've deeply cared for. And then think of the people you wish you'd spent more time with. Or about the things you had loved and whether you'd given enough time to them."
-Oscar de la Renta
And here are just a few of my favorite creations in recent years from the legendary designer himself.
|Amy Adams at The Oscars.|
|Jessica Alba at The Golden Globes.|
|Allison Williams at The Emmys.|
Now Playing: "Southern Sun" by Boy and Bear
Here we have a film that perfectly exemplifies one of the reasons why I no longer watch or work in television news. I studied broadcasting in college and worked in the field after graduation. "If it bleeds it leads" is certainly the name of the game. We live in a twisted society. Looking forward to seeing this one. Also, Jake Gyllenhaal is a friend to Pittsburgh. So there's that. Brilliant actor. And a resounding "HELL YES!" to the Kendrick Lamar song used in the shorter trailers running on television.
Now Playing: "Backseat Freestyle" by Kendrick Lamar
Monday, October 20, 2014
"Ooh La La"
I initially fell in love with Goldfrapp's glorious sounds when I was a freshman in college. A decade later and their music still puts energy into my soul.
Goldfrapp is a duo from London. Their latest album, Tales of Us, can be purchased here.
- Wonderwall: Fall Feels
- Quoteworthy: Oscar de la Renta 1932-2014
- Flick Pick: Nightcrawler
- Music Monday: Goldfrapp
- Brad Pitt Gets It
- Music Monday: Klingande
- Because It's The Weekend
- The Times New Travel: Cumberland Island, Georgia
- Music Monday: Timber Timbre
- Epitaphs- Hauntingly Beautiful
- National Poetry Day
- October. The Month of Magic.
- ▼ October (14)
- ► 2013 (232)
- ► 2012 (255)
- Krista Roman
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
- I'm 28 and living life in beautiful Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I hold a journalism degree from West Virginia University (Let's Gooo Mountaineers!). In my free time, I enjoy going to concerts, reading, cheering on my favorite sports teams (Go Steelers & Pens!), shopping and having drinks with friends. I have a shih-tzu, Ireland, whom I love dearly. My ambition is to become a successful author and contribute my writing to various magazines and other digital media outlets. If you have any questions or comments, I'd love to hear from you!