Tuesday, October 15, 2013
1. MGMT at Stage AE.
I've been a fan of MGMT since I was in college but have yet to see them live. I'm thrilled that they're finally playing a show in Pittsburgh. I'm going with one of my favorite girls so it should be a fun Monday night on the North Shore.
2. Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation.
At 27, I've finally decided that my skin needs a decent liquid foundation. I always cringe when I see young girls slathering on foundation because the look of their natural skin is exactly what this sort of product is designed to give. But with a bit of age comes slight redness and uneven tone. I was determined to find a foundation that actually matched my porcelain skin (not surprisingly, I went with the lightest shade .5), felt virtually weightless and was buildable but still natural-looking. It's actually really hard to find a good foundation when you're as fair-skinned as me and have somewhat dry skin. But Urban Decay Naked Skin seems to be delivering on all fronts. I'm so pleased with it! I definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for light-medium coverage and a naturally radiant finish.
Sure, it takes 10 drinks to get you buzzed but damn, is it tasty! I've mostly been drinking beer and wine for the past several years- so much so that I forgot how much fun liquor is. Amaretto Sours were always my choice mixed drink in college. It's also delicious with Ginger Ale. I down them like it's water. Disaronno has regained a permanent status on my bar cart. Mmmm! Pass the pleasure around ;)
4. Benefit Cosmetics Primed for Lovin' Gift Set.
This is a pretty good value. Of course, I'm a sucker for packaging and love the tin with the ginger artwork. I haven't decided what I'm going to use it for but it will surely get put to good use. This set includes a full size of High Beam (highlighter), They're Real (mascara), The Porefessional (primer) and a deluxe size of the Sugarbomb lipgloss. This would make an excellent gift for the gal in your life who loves makeup.
5. Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette.
I've been having fun with this release. It includes an array of easy to blend eyeshadows as well as a duo-sided brush. The beautiful packaging reminds of an antique jewelry case. Urban Decay is absolutely one of my favorite brands of makeup. I also picked up their limited edition eyeliner set. The 24/7 pencils are hands down, the best on the market. I have just about every shade they've ever released but I don't regret buying any of them. This would also be a nice present for the holidays.
6. Nostalgia in Vogue.
I adore these coffee table books. It's nice to flip through them on a rainy day. I've mentioned it many times that books are one of my favorite things to decorate with. They add such a unique splash of personality to your home. Many people joke about opening someone's medicine cabinet when they're at a new friend's house. I head straight to the bookshelf and music collection.
Now Playing: "Nobody Knows" by Pastor T.L. Barrett & The Youth for Christ Choir
*Such a good one!
- ► 2016 (33)
- ► 2015 (29)
- ► 2014 (83)
- Happy Halloween!
- Pinterest Monthly: October 2013
- Music Monday: Dum Dum Girls
- Music Monday: Chaker
- Recently Purchased
- Music Monday: The Perfect Mix Tape
- Go Deep: The Raven
- Music Monday: Hooded Fang
- Seasonal Selections
- Nail Me
- October 2013 Playlist
- ▼ October (17)
- ► 2012 (255)
- Krista Roman
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
- I'm living life in beautiful Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I hold a journalism degree from West Virginia University. I have worked in television news, fashion marketing, PR, and cosmetic sales. My love for writing and sharing with the world my various passions is strong. One of my many ambitions is to be published and continue creating in the fields of digital and print media, literature and film. In my free time, I enjoy listening to music, going to concerts, reading, following Pittsburgh sports and traveling as often as possible. Some of my favorite things include beauty, style, architecture, books, tarot and astrology, thrifting and my shih-tzu, Ireland. If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you!